UPDATE MARCH 7, 2012: The contest below for TITAS Command Performance is over, and the winner has been notified (check your email if you entered).
For today's giveaway, we have a pair of tickets to TITAS Command Performance Gala, it's 8 p.m. Friday, March 9 at the Winspear Opera House at the AT&T Performing Arts Center.
Here's a description of the performance
The most exciting, most spell-binding choreography from the dance world’s most famous works. In one night, and on one stage, you experience historic, classic pas de deux alongside awe-inspiring contemporary works. Command Performance will leave you breathless and wanting more. Don’t miss this rare opportunity to see the best on stage. Featuring:
- Drew Jacoby and Rubinald Pronk (Jacoby/Pronk)- La Pluie (Belgian/Colombian Choreographer Annabelle Lopez Ochoa)- One by Annabelle Lopez Ochoa
- Megan Fairchild and Daniel Ulbricht (New York City Ballet)- Tarantella (Balanchine)- Flower Festival in Genzano Pas de Deux
- Tiler Peck and Gonzalo Garcia (New York City Ballet)- Tchaikovsky Pas de Deux- Rubies (from Balanchine's Jewels)
- MOMIX- Skiva- Tuu
- Janessa Touchet and Cervilio Miguel Amador (Cincinnati Ballet)- Le Corsaire Gran Pas de Deux- Romeo & Juliet Balcony Pas de Deux
- Special Guests from the Arts Magnet, Dominique Harris and Mason Manning dancing Dwight Rhoden’s Growth
To win, email email@example.com, and put COMMAND PERFORMANCE in the subject line. In the body of email, put your name, address, phone number and best email contact.
You have until 11:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 6 to submit an email. We'll notify the winners Wednesday morning.
◊ Other giveaways coming up include: Electricidad at Artes de la Rosa, Fort Worth; the encore screening of Andrew Lloyd Webber's Love Never Dies in movie theaters on March 7; the musical In the Heights at AT&T Performing Arts Center on March 13; the musical concert extravaganza Do You Hear the People Sing (featuring Lea Salonga, Brian Stokes Mitchell, Stephanie J. Block and others) at the American Airlines Center on March 23; and more.