Dallas — In 2018, the website you're reading became a non-profit under the umbrella of the new 501(c)(3) company Metropolitan Arts Media, which has proven instrumental in the site's growth and our future plans. This spring, you'll see significant changes, including a new website design that is more user-friendly, a mobile version, a more robust calendar, and the launch of a separate website, ContxtDFW, which will cover visual art in North Texas.
Also, we'll have an email newsletter. You can sign up for it here.
As perks for signing up for the email newsletter, we'll have a lot of giveaways for arts events in North Texas, including Leslie Odom Jr. at the Meyerson Symphony Center (presented by Dallas Symphony); Midgalia Cruz's Fur presented by Teatro Dallas at the Latino Cultural Center, a family four-pack to see Tuck Everlasting at Dallas Children's Theater.
The current giveaways are:
- 2 tickets to Migdaliz Cruz's play Fur, presented by Teatro Dallas at Latino Cultural Center, March 13-30
- 2 tickets to Tony-winning star Leslie Odom, Jr., who won a Tony for originating the role of Aaron Burr in Hamilton, presented by Dallas Symphony at the Meyerson Symphony Center, on March 29
- A family 4-pack of tickets to Tuck Everlasting at Dallas Children's Thaeter, March 22-April 7
For these giveaways, we will notify winners by the following times and dates:
- Teatro Dallas: 11:30 a.m. Friday, March 1
- Leslie Odom, Jr.: 11:30 a.m. Monday, March 4
- Dallas Children's Theater: 11:30 a.m. Friday, March 8
HEAD'S UP: The first giveaway we'll do when the newsletter launches in mid-March will be for two tickets to see Hamilton at the Music Hall at Fair Park on Wednesday, May 1. Everyone who has signed up for the newsletter will get that info in the first edition of the newsletter, in all of our versions.
DID WE MENTION THAT YOU CAN SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER HERE?
Sign up and get weekly news about North Texas arts, a preview of upcoming events, and weekly giveaways.