Dallas — In 2018, the website you're reading became a non-profit under the umbrella of the new 501(c)(3) company Metropolitan Arts Media, which has proven instrumental in the site's growth and our future plans. Over the next few weeks, you'll see significant changes, including a new website design that is more user-friendly, a mobile version, and the launch of a separate website, ContxtDFW, which will cover visual art in North Texas.
Also, we'll have an email newsletter. You can sign up for it here.
Something that has already changed is that our searchable calendar of performing arts events listings is being repopulated, and is on its way to being more comprehensive than ever. You can search for events by date range, discipline and arts organization (just click the red SEARCH THE CALENDAR box above the listings). On the new site, you'll see an improved calendar.
As perks for signing up for the email newsletter, we'll have a lot of giveaways for arts events in North Texas.
For the current giveaway, you have a chance to win SEASON TICKETS to Firehouse Theatre in Farmer's Branch (the season opens Jan. 17 with Tennessee Williams' The Glass Menagerie); Second Thought Theatre in Dallas (season opens Feb. 1 with Nick Payne's Igcognito); or Imprint Theatreworks (season opens Jan. 11 with Sarah Ruhl's In the Next Room, or the Vibrator Play).
You'll see an option to sign up for any one or two of the three, or all of them (but you'd only win season tickets to one group). Click on the link on each theater's name to see our story with an announcement of the season.
We will notify the winners by noon on the following dates:
- Imprint Theatreworks: Monday, Jan. 14 (you'll still have two weeks to see the first show)
- Firehouse Theatre: Wednesday, Jan. 16
- Second Thought Theatre: Friday, Jan. 18
Additionally, we'll soon add giveaways for the following:
- Tickets to Ravenscroft from Mainstage Irving-Las Colinas, opening Jan. 18
- Season passes for the remainder of the season at Undermain Theatre in Dallas
- Tickets to opening night of Cirque du Soleil's Amaluna at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie on Jan. 30
- Tickets to Uptown Players' production of Spring Awakening at Moody Performance Hall, Jan. 31-Feb. 3
- Tickets to Mass Transmission from Verdigris Ensemble, Feb. 8-10
- Tickets to Doom McCoy and th Death Nugget at Ochre House Theatre, Feb. 9-March 2
- Tickets to Paul Taylor Dance Company at the Eisemann Center in Richardson on Feb. 9
- Tickets to Cirque Eloize Saloon at Irving Arts Center on Feb. 22
- Tickets to Grease at Casa Mañana in Fort Worth on March 2
- Tickets to Leslie Odom, Jr., presented by Dallas Symphony at the Meyerson Symphony Center, March 29-31
- Plus tickets to Ochre House, Cara Mía Theatre Company, Avant Chamber Ballet, Teatro Dallas, Kitchen Dog Theater, and more.
Head's up: The first giveaway we'll do when the newsletter launches in early February will be for two tickets to see Hamilton at the Music Hall at Fair Park on Wednesday, May 1. Everyone who has signed up for the newsletter will get that info in the first edition of the newsletter, in all of our versions.
DID WE MENTION THAT YOU CAN SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER HERE?
Sign up and get weekly news about North Texas arts, a preview of upcoming events, and weekly giveaways.