Dallas — This year, the website you're reading became a non-profit under the umbrella of the new 501(c)(3) company Metropolitan Arts Media, which has proven instrumental in the site's growth and our future plans. Over the next few months, you'll see significant changes, including a new website design that is more user-friendly, a mobile version, and the launch of a separate website, ContxtDFW, which will cover visual art in North Texas.
Also, we'll have an email newsletter. You can sign up for it here.
Something that has already changed is that our searchable calendar of performing arts events listings is being repopulated, and is on its way to being more comprehensive than ever. You can search for events by date range, discipline and arts organization (just click the red SEARCH THE CALENDAR box above the listings). On the new site, you'll see an improved calendar.
Oh, and we'll finally have an email newsletter. You can sign up for it here.
As perks for signing up for the email newsletter, we'll have a lot of giveaways for arts events in North Texas. The current giveaway is for the final weekend of A Very Judy Christmas, presented by Uptown Players at the Kalita Humphreys Theater in Dallas (any performance Dec. 13-16). Read our review here.
We'll also have some big giveaways coming up, including:
- Season tickets for the 2019 season at Firehouse Theatre in Farmer's Branch
- Season tickets for the 2019 season at Imprint Theatreworks in Dallas
- Season passes for the remainder of the season at Undermain Theatre in Dallas
- Tickets to Paul Taylor Dance Company at the Eisemann Center in Richardson on Feb. 9
- Tickets to Cirque Eloize Saloon at Irving Arts Center on Feb. 22
- Plus tickets to Uptown Players, Mainstage Irving-Las Colinas, Casa Mañana, the Ochre House, Cara Mía Theatre Company, Teatro Dallas and others.
DID WE MENTION THAT YOU CAN SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER HERE?
Sign up and get weekly news about North Texas arts, a preview of upcoming events, and weekly giveaways.