Dallas — Drink down all unkindness with Shakespeare Dallas as it presents the seventh annual Shakespeare Pub Crawl, 2:30-7 p.m. Saturday, March 10 in Deep Ellum. This year’s Pub Crawl, which is co-hosted by TheaterJones.com, features a costume contest, Shakespeare insults, scavenger hunt, trivia, drink specials and discounts at select retail shops.
The fun begins at 2:30 p.m. with check-in at the Twilite Lounge (2540 Elm St.; across the street from Trees), but you can check in at any point along the route. Fifteen bucks gets you a wristband, for which can get drink specials. You can also purchase raffle tickets for various prizes.
There will also be a scavenger hunt along the route, hosted by Deep Ellum businesses 1890 Marketplace (olive oils, vinegars and spices), Kettle Art Gallery, Jade and Clover (eco-conscious gifts, accessories, clothing, scents and more), Life of Riley (vintage gifts, candles and more) and Deep Vellum Publishing (books, stationery and more).
Along the way, there will also be entertainment provided by Shakespeare in the Bar, which will perform excerpts from its upcoming production of Cymbeline, and the Dallas Comedy House, which will provide some comedy shenanigans along the way. Prizes include passes to Dallas Comedy House; tickets to upcoming National Theatre Live screenings of Hamlet, Julius Caesar and Macbeth at the Angelika Film Centers in Dallas and Plano; gift certificates to the Art of Wine Bar and Dallas School of Burlesque; passes to Shakespeare Dallas; and more.
Here is the Pub Crawl schedule:
- 2:30-3 p.m. — Twilite Lounge, 2540 Elm St. ($1 discount on drinks with wristband)
- 3-5 p.m. — Off the Record, 2716 Elm St. ($5 Deep Eddy Vodka flavors, mixed drinks, lagers and IPA beers with wristband)
- 3-5 p.m. — Armoury D.E., 2714 Elm St. (Shakespeare-inspired drinks)
- 5-7 p.m. — Dot’s Hop House and Cocktail Courtyard, 2645 Commerce St. ($3 and $5 beers and cocktails with wristband)
- 5-7 p.m. — Independent Bar & Kitchen, 2712 Main St. ($3 and $5 beers and cocktails with wristband)
At the Independent Bar & Kitchen, the costume contest is at 5:15 p.m.; at 5:30 there’s a raffle drawing for various prizes; and at 6 p.m. there is a Shakespeare trivia contest, with more prizes.
And because this is a drinking event, might we suggest taking the DART rail (there are two stops in Deep Ellum); park and ride from your closest DART rail station.