Dallas — In the seventh episode of our theater podcast Up is Down, Left is Right, cohosts Monalisa Amidar and Brian Wilson chat with Lucas Haupert, the founder of Millennial Poison Theatre Co., which opens its second season with Lucy Cashion and Will Bonfiglio's The Residents of Craigslist, which uses "found text" from the Internet to tell a story about human longing and impulses.
Haupert talks about why he started the company, picking this script, and what's in store for the coming season.
The Residents of Craigslist runs Feb. 14-23 at the Margo Jones Theatre in Fair Park. Get tickets here.
Previously in Up is Down, Left is Right:
- Susan Sargeant of WingSpan Theatre Company talks about Samuel Beckett (Sept. 25, 2019) LISTEN
- Isaac Young of Eccentric Bear Theater Co. on his clown version of The Seagull (Sept. 25, 2019) LISTEN
- Brian Wilson introduces his new cohose Monalisa Amidar (Oct. 28, 2019) LISTEN
- Director Nicole Denson talks about The True History and the Tragic Life and Triumphant Death of Julia Pastrana, the Ugliest Woman in the World, at Lakeside Community Theater in The Colony (Oct. 31, 2019) LISTEN
- J Davis-Jones and Dominic Pecikonis, the stars of Cara Mía Theatre Company's Swimming While Drowning chat about the show, which deals with homeless LGBTQ youth of color (Nov. 27, 2019) LISTEN
- Fred Curchack on reviving his work Stuff as Dreams Are Made On at Theatre Three/Theatre Too! (Jan. 17, 2020) LISTEN