Welcome to A Little Dreaming is Dangerous: The Proust Questionnaire Offstage, an occasional series on TheaterJones that's based on the Proust Questionnaire, a series of questions that inform about the interviewee's personality. It was popularized by the French author Marcel Proust more than 130 years ago. Questions include "what historical figure do you most identify with," ""who is your favorite fictional villain," or "where would you like to die"?
This video series is a collaboration between Betsy Lewis, a Dallas-based journalist, and videographer Jon Collins. Lewis uses prompts from various versions of the Proust Questionnaire, and throws in a few questions of her own. The interview subjects will be folks in the performing arts community in North Texas.
Next is actor, educator, and director Gloria Vivica Benavides, who has been seen onstage at Theatre Three, WaterTower Theatre, Dallas Theater Center, and elsewhere. Next, she serves as assistant director for Andrew Lippa's musical The Wild Party, performed by Junior Players at Moody Performance Hall, Jan. 2-5, 2020.
Previously in Proust Offstage:
- Actor, director, and associate director of Theatre Three, Christie Vela (July 9, 2019)
- Playwright Jonathan Norton (Aug. 6, 2019)
- Playwright Matt Lyle (Aug. 12. 2019)
- Choreographer and director Danielle Georgiou (Aug. 22, 2019)
- Playwright, director, actor, and professor Blake Hackler (Sept. 9, 2019)
- Actor Christopher Llewyn Ramirez (Sept. 18, 2019)
- Playwright, director, actor, poet and novelist Anyika McMillan-Herod (Sept. 25, 2019)
- Actor and comedian Paul J. Williams (Oct. 11, 2019)
- Director, intimacy director and co-founder and Artistic Director of Imprint Theatreworks, Ashley H. White (Oct. 28, 2019)
- Violist, composer, and innovator Mark Landson, who runs Open Classical DFW (Dec. 18, 2019)