Welcome to Jonathan Tsay's podcast Between the Barlines. Tsay has performed recitals for international organizations, including in Taiwan and Canada, as well as for local outfits Fine Arts Chamber Players and The Cliburn, where he works with classroom outreach.
In this podcast, he chats with musicians working in Dallas-Fort Worth and beyond. Learn more about Tsay and the podcast in this introduction:
In episode 16, Tsay talks to violinist Kevin Yu, who made a name for himself as a founder of Coregami, a clothing line that caters to classical musicians, helping them be more comfortable on stage. The first item he designed was a tux shirt for musicians. He talks more about it in this podcast. Yu also performs with the Las Colinas Symphony.
Here's Part 1 of the interview:
Part 2 will be posted later this week.
PREVIOUS EPISODES OF BETWEEN THE BARLINES
- Episode 1: Violinist Gary Levinson (Sept. 14, 2017)
- Episode 2: Violinist Stirling Trent (Sept. 25, 2017)
- Episode 3: Violinist Eunice Keem (Oct. 10, 2017)
- Episode 4: Violinist and Open Classical founder Mark Landson (Oct. 26, 2017)
- Episode 5: Pianist Thomas Yu (Nov. 7, 2017)
- Episode 6: Clarinetist Stephen Ahearn (Dec. 2, 2017)
- Episode 7: Pianist Shields-Collins "Buddy" Bray (Dec. 21, 2017)
- Episodes 8 & 9: Pianist Alex McDonald (Jan. 25, 2018)
- Episodes 10 & 11: Double bassist Szymon Marciniak and pianist Evan Mitchell (Feb. 25, 2018)
- Episode 12: Erin Hannigan, Principal Oboe of Dallas Symphony Orchestra (March 7, 2018)
- Episode 13: Jacques Marquis, President and CEO of The Cliburn (July 8, 2018)
- Episode 14 (two-parter): Violinist Chee Yun (Sept. 17, 2018)
- Episode 15 (two-parter): Piano technician David C. Brown (Jan. 12, 2019)