Welcome to Jonathan Tsay's podcast Between the Barlines. Tsay has performed recitals for international organizations, including in Taiwan and Canada, as well as for local outfits Fine Arts Chamber Players and The Cliburn, where he works with classroom outreach.
In this podcast, he chats with musicians working in Dallas-Fort Worth and beyond. Learn more about Tsay and the podcast in this introduction:
In this episode, Tsay chats with Jacques Marquis, President and CEO of The Cliburn. Marquis talks about growing up in Montreal, singing, discovering he had perfect pitch, falling in love with piano music, transitioning from musician and teacher to administrator, practical ways of introducing audiences to classical music, and more. It's a fascinating conversation.
PREVIOUS EPISODES OF BETWEEN THE BARLINES
- Episode 1: Violinist Gary Levinson (Sept. 14, 2017)
- Episode 2: Violinist Stirling Trent (Sept. 25, 2017)
- Episode 3: Violinist Eunice Keem (Oct. 10, 2017)
- Episode 4: Violinist and Open Classical founder Mark Landson (Oct. 26, 2017)
- Episode 5: Pianist Thomas Yu (Nov. 7, 2017)
- Episode 6: Clarinetist Stephen Ahearn (Dec. 2, 2017)
- Episode 7: Pianist Shields-Collins "Buddy" Bray (Dec. 21, 2017)
- Episodes 8 & 9: Pianist Alex McDonald (Jan. 25, 2018)
- Episodes 10 & 11: Double bassist Szymon Marciniak and pianist Evan Mitchell (Feb. 25, 2018)
- Episode 12: Erin Hannigan, Principal Oboe of Dallas Symphony Orchestra (March 7, 2018)