Welcome to Jonathan Tsay's podcast Between the Barlines. Tsay has performed recitals for international organizations, including in Taiwan and Canada, as well as for local outfits Fine Arts Chamber Players and The Cliburn, where he works with classroom outreach.
In this podcast, he chats with musicians working in Dallas-Fort Worth and beyond. Learn more about Tsay and the podcast in this introduction:
In this episode, Tsay chats with Dallas Symphony Principal Oboe Erin Hannigan, who also is on the adjunct faculty at Southern Methodist University. Along with Teresa Berg, Hannigan co-founded Artists for Animals, an animal rescue non-profit. Tsay also plays one of his signature music games with Hannigan, who fares very well.
Artists for Animals has its annual Concert for Kindness, 6 p.m. Sunday, March 11 at Moody Performance Hall. Proceeds benefit the organization and animal rescue.
PREVIOUS EPISODES OF BETWEEN THE BARLINES
- Episode 1: Violinist Gary Levinson (Sept. 14, 2017)
- Episode 2: Violinist Stirling Trent (Sept. 25, 2017)
- Episode 3: Violinist Eunice Keem (Oct. 10, 2017)
- Episode 4: Violinist and Open Classical founder Mark Landson (Oct. 26, 2017)
- Episode 5: Pianist Thomas Yu (Nov. 7, 2017)
- Episode 6: Clarinetist Stephen Ahearn (Dec. 2, 2017)
- Episode 7: Pianist Shields-Collins "Buddy" Bray (Dec. 21, 2017)
- Episodes 8 & 9: Pianist Alex McDonald (Jan. 25, 2018)
- Episodes 10 & 11: Double bassist Szymon Marciniak and pianist Evan Mitchell