Welcome to Jonathan Tsay's podcast Between the Barlines. Tsay has performed recitals for international organizations, including in Taiwan and Canada, as well as for local outfits Fine Arts Chamber Players and The Cliburn, where he works with classroom outreach.
In this podcast, he chats with musicians working in Dallas-Fort Worth and beyond. Learn more about Tsay and the podcast in this introduction:
For the tenth and eleventh episodes, Tsay chats with double bassist Szymon Marciniak and pianist Evan Mitchell. Marciniak won second place at Bradetich Foundation International Double Bass Solo Competition in 2014; and he and pianist Mitchell met at Texas Christian University. They will premiere Frank Proto’s new work for double bass and piano “Lost” (2018) at the TCU International Double Bass Festival on March 4. The recital will be broadcast worldwide on YouTube here.
Listen to them talk about their careers, musicianship and collaboration in these interviews. You can also hear Marciniak playing, and have fun with Tsay's signature games.
Here's Part 1:
And Part 2:
PREVIOUS EPISODES OF BETWEEN THE BARLINES
- Episode 1: Violinist Gary Levinson (Sept. 14, 2017)
- Episode 2: Violinist Stirling Trent (Sept. 25, 2017)
- Episode 3: Violinist Eunice Keem (Oct. 10, 2017)
- Episode 4: Violinist and Open Classical founder Mark Landson (Oct. 26, 2017)
- Episode 5: Pianist Thomas Yu (Nov. 7, 2017)
- Episode 6: Clarinetist Stephen Ahearn (Dec. 2, 2017)
- Episode 7: Pianist Shields-Collins "Buddy" Bray (Dec. 21, 2017)
- Episodes 8 & 9: Pianist Alex McDonald (Jan. 25, 2018)