Welcome to Jonathan Tsay's podcast Between the Barlines. Tsay has performed recitals for international organizations, including in Taiwan and Canada, as well as for local outfits Fine Arts Chamber Players and The Cliburn, where he works with classroom outreach.
In this podcast, he chats with musicians working in Dallas-Fort Worth and beyond. Learn more about Tsay and the podcast in this introduction:
For the eighth and ninth episodes, Tsay chats with pianist Alex McDonald.
McDonald performs with Tsay's Ensemble 75 at 7 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 28 at Christ United Methodist Church, 3101 Coit Road in Plano. Admission is free. The program features Mozart's Piano Quartet in G minor, K. 478; Handel/Halvorsen's Passacaglia in G; and Rachmaninoff's Cello Conata, Op. 19 More on that concert is here.
Here's Part 1:
And Part 2:
PREVIOUS EPISODES OF BETWEEN THE BARLINES
- Episode 1: Violinist Gary Levinson (Sept. 14, 2017)
- Episode 2: Violinist Stirling Trent (Sept. 25, 2017)
- Episode 3: Violinist Eunice Keem (Oct. 10, 2017)
- Episode 4: Violinist and Open Classical founder Mark Landson (Oct. 26, 2017)
- Episode 5: Pianist Thomas Yu (Nov. 7, 2017)
- Episode 6: Clarinetist Stephen Ahearn (Dec. 2, 2017)
- Epidosde 7: Pianist Shields-Collins "Buddy" Bray (Dec. 21, 2017)