Welcome to Jonathan Tsay's podcast Between the Barlines. Tsay has performed recitals for international organizations, including in Taiwan and Canada, as well as for local outfits Fine Arts Chamber Players and The Cliburn, where he works with classroom outreach.
In this podcast, he chats with musicians working in Dallas-Fort Worth and beyond. Learn more about Tsay and the podcast in this introduction:
For the seventh episode, Tsay with Shields-Collins "Buddy" Bray, principal keyboard for the Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra, who also works with the Cliburn and has worked with such area organizations such as Voices of Change, Fine Arts Chamber Players and more. In this interview, Tsay and Bray talk about his early career as a church pianist in Louisiana, studying and staying at Texas Christian University, playing with the FWSO in the 1980s, his signature piece (Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue), the importance of being stylistically diverse, work injuries, and more.
PREVIOUS EPISODES OF BETWEEN THE BARLINES
- Episode 1: Violinist Gary Levinson (Sept. 14, 2017)
- Episode 2: Violinist Stirling Trent (Sept. 25, 2017)
- Episode 3: Violinist Eunice Keem (Oct. 10, 2017)
- Episode 4: Violinist and Open Classical founder Mark Landson (Oct. 26, 2017)
- Episode 5: Pianist Thomas Yu (Nov. 7, 2017)
- Episode 6: Clarinetist Stephen Ahearn (Dec. 2, 2017)