Here's the finale of our seven-part video series on Dallas Opera and Dallas Theater Center’s joint production of Peter Maxwell Davies' The Lighthouse, which had three performances this weekend.
TheaterJones' Gregory Isaacs spoke with folks—some involved with the show, and some spectators—in the Wyly Theatre's lobby before and after Friday’s opening night performance. Here's what they said about the experience:
Appearing in "A NIGHT AT THE OPERA": Dallas Opera Artistic Director Jonathan Pell, Dallas Opera CEO Keith Cerney, Dallas Opera Marketing Director Jennifer Schuder, Assistant Conductor Michael Heaston and Conductor Nicole Paiement, and various patrons.
The videos in this series are listed below:
- Part 1 Discussing the collaborative process with Kevin Moriarty and others
- Part 2 Thoughts about what kind of performers are cast in opera now, when looks and acting ability play as vital a role as does the singing ability
- Part 3 A conversation about the complexities of Peter Maxwell Davies' music, for both the singers and the musicians
- Part 4 Putting water on the Wyly Theatre stage
- Part 5 Footage of the performance from dress rehearsal
- Part 6 How technology helps the conductor keep up with the cast with a set on which they climb
Gregory Sullivan Isaacs' feature about the project is here.
And his review of the production is here.